Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Creative Suite FIVE!!?!??


Seems like I just bought Photoshop CS4. Now I'm getting hit with all the email hoopla over Adobe's next big release.

I admit it, I'm a technology geek. Every new release I GOTTA have. Especially Photoshop. I'm a little behind on Dreamweaver, just because my little HomeSite so much well fills the bill. And more.

So here I sit, pondering the eternal question. Do I REALLY NEED the next, latest and greatest release of the Creative Suite? Well, on one level (financially) I most certainly DO NOT! At a hefty $2600 for the Creative Suite 5, I think I'll pass. And just the stand-alone version of Photoshop is $699. Oy.

But it typically comes down to not whether I NEED it, but that I WANT it. 'sigh'... the spoiled three year old surfaces her feisy noggin and decrees that THIS version will be better, increase workflow, do jaw-dropping things NO ONE has ever seen before, and make her more money. (Make her thinner, improve skin elasticity, solve global warming, and bring about world peace. No, these are claims by Adobe, just my inner spoiled child trying to rationalize.)

This time around, however, I don't feel quite so compelled to jump on the bandwagon and save every penny 'till I can afford the upgrade. Not even the full version, mind you. A few reasons for this.

One. I haven't explored all the new features in Photoshop CS4 yet.
Two. I don't use Photoshop as often as I used to, down from 6+ hours a day to about 6 hours a week. I like to think I'm getting faster, but I doubt it.
Three. Why? The Photoshop I have now is MORE than enough for my work.

I've come to the conclusion that the day I outgrow Photoshop and NEED to upgrade, I'll think about it then.

Until then, I'll spend my money on painting supplies!!!!!!!!!

No comments: