Thursday, July 16, 2015

Eyes "glazed" over......

I think everyone has their own favorite part of the whole pottery-making process.  And,of course, their least favorite.  The glazing process, picture-taking, inventorying, pricing, and posting to the web is my least favorite.  Just give me a bag of clay, a wheel, and I'm a happy camper.

I did have some fun today.  With the new "Minion" movie out, I decided to make my favorite Minion.      I didn't have any purple glaze, so I had to do some "creative" mixing.  Here he is, waiting to be fired.

We'll see how it goes.

Also did a dog food bowl for a friend.
This is inside the bowl,


And this is around the rim outside.

We'll see how it looks after the glaze firing!!!


2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH! That dog bowl! :) I love glazing, my favorite part. And although I find throwing easy at this point (30 plus years), it sometimes has the "blank page" aspect to oit--alll the thinking, planning then doing! I like the rest better, just showing up to trim or glaze, all the planning for the piece already done, now I have to just carry through :)

sddonlon said...

Wow, we'd make a great team!! 😃
Thanks for your kind words, Gary!! I unloaded my kiln last night, the dog bowl came out well, but a few things I'd do differently. I'm at a farmers market right now, will try to post later!!